import parts on a classic

ok, i know im going to burn in musclecar hell over this one.... i dug a brand new, still in the box, oil cooler from behind the paint booth at work from a (shudder) saab 93. now, there are absolutely NO metric fasteners on my car, until i install this cooler, that is. it is such a nice piece i cant resist using it... someone talk me out of it!!!

• Sponsors (?)

its not the fittings, as saab uses one nut holding both lines down against an o ring seal, as does gm,i just need to take the lines to parker hannifin, and have npt ends sweged on. i just have trouble telling people where it came from " nice oil cooler, is that b&m? no it is from a saab:eek: :jaw: :nono: :lol: :rlaugh: :nonono:

why do you want us to talk you out of using it? Saab is a division of GM you know, so if anything you'd really be putting GM parts on your car rather than import parts, i'm not sure but that may even be worse :D

edit: if it makes you feel any better i've been toying with the idea of putting a BMW sunroof in my cougar since it's very similar to an original cougar sunroof

ok, i know im going to burn in musclecar hell over this one.... i dug a brand new, still in the box, oil cooler from behind the paint booth at work from a (shudder) saab 93. now, there are absolutely NO metric fasteners on my car, until i install this cooler, that is. it is such a nice piece i cant resist using it... someone talk me out of it!!!
On the contrary, that's what hot rodding is all about. Finding something you need and making it work is always better than off-the-shelf!

You probably have a bunch of "Made in Taiwan" repro parts on your car anyway (we all do -- not singling you out) so you crossed that bridge long ago!

good question, pete... im the other amsoil guy, every lubricant, from bumper to bumper is synthetic. ive gotten the car hot once, pegged the temp gauge, and it didnt miss a lick, even restarted right away with no problem. im hoping the smaller npt fittings at the sandwich adapter will slow the flow until the oil comes up to temp...