Improving Power

• Sponsors (?)

^i wish I could like this from tapatalk.

I can... android tapatalk > your ghey apple tapatalk

Hey Nate, swallow this pile of nasty... And enjoy my apple screenshot.

How is the view from the bottom... Underdog :rlaugh:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345583200.952162.jpg

I love how there's so many people talking sh*t about v6 cars. I mean of course they're slower than v8 but I got a v6 just so I could mess around. If I was going to be serious about racing then I would def go for a gt. but if I'm just wanting a little power for fun then I would go with a v6... ANYWAYYYS... if you go on supersixmotorsports there are a lot of parts you can get for your sixer. The prices are pretty expensive but it's worth it if your looking for power but not full on rocket power

Don't get too discouraged, sure the v6 is an underdog and a v8 would be better but you got what you got. Don't spend so much money on it that you could have done a v8 swap, but until you hit that mark there are some inexpensive things you can do. I autocrossed the v6 against the v8s and did very well, the lighter engine and aluminum heads paid dividends in the handling department. I simply went with a decent ignition, CAI, reprogrammed ECM and pulleys plus a decent exhaust. I replaced the clutch and added and aluminum flywheel and changed the rear over to a 8.8 with a limited slip and 4.10s (although I'd probably recommend 3.73s on the street). It was not a world beater by any means but handled well on still got decent mileage.

ive taken on a v8 before , one of my buddies has a 99 gt thats all stock exept the wheels , mufflers and intake , weve raced a couple of times , he usually beats me out of the gate but i always catch up and pass him once i reach the higher rpms , of course ive got quite a few mods , underdrive pulley , CAI , mac o/r Hpipe 2.5 (dont have the mufflers or catbacks yet), and an accel super coil , ive basicallyy targeted the higher rpms , their isnt much on the down low anymore especially after the exaust mod