In a bind, installing a 3G for a friend tommorrow, help with fuse holder, etc

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I am installing a 3G for a friend tommorrow, I have everything except for the fuse holder or a fusible link. Stopped by advance, carquest and napa and the guys behind the counter thought I was an idiot, anyone have any part numbers for what I would need at any of these places??? I would go with a circuit breaker or but there are no car stereo shops in my town, thanks in adavance!

• Sponsors (?)

This is the one that I used from Napa

217813.jpg

Item#: BK 7821143

Price: $10.49
tax and shipping not included

Disclaimer: The stated price may vary from the in store price and may change at anytime.

Attributes:
Style Name:MEGA Fuseholder
Application:Fuse Block
Amp Rating:250 amp
Product Features:Thermal Plastic Holder For AMG Type Fuse Rated From 100 To 300 amp
Compatible w/ Center Mounted Bases
Package Contents:Fuse Block

Note: There is no Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available for this Product

Wal mart has a fuse holder for amp installs that will hold a 100amp fuse. that is what I am using right now and it hasnt blown yet.
All the car part stores here laughed at me too when I told them what I was looking for.

I dug thru some old car stereo stuff I had, I found a 140amp circuit breaker that is has the reset on it. These parts stores here blow ass when it comes to high amp items such as what I needed

I got a fancy clear holder with gold plated terminals and a 135amp fuze from a local audio shop. I would rather have the simple plastic holder so i may have to check out Napa for that.