In dash dvd in a '73

electricgreen

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Western NY
Anyone have an in dash/flip up style dvd player in their classic? We're looking for one for Eleanor. Want to be able to play Gone at shows-show em what the original is all about. As much as we've done with the car, I am clueless when it comes to electronics, and most people are more familiar with the newer systems-I'm betting it's a bit different putting one in a 30+ year old car than a 3 year old car! Thoughts, ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

why would it be any different? fab some mounting brackets, power, ignition(or switched if you want to run it at shows with the ignition off) and ground. hook it up to the speakers of your choice and your in business. it may be expensive but not much different than a regular stereo.

matt

tv's in a classic mustang....

Lol. While I can understand the thought here, this car is so unoriginal, well, why not :shrug: When you can count the original parts that will be left on one hand, the "classicness" isn't quite as big of a deal. Someone already hacked the radio area. I wanted a drop down one mounted on the bottom of the deck lid, Hubby wants an indash unit. Besides, it's easier than repeatedly explaining the ORIGINAL Eleanor WAS NOT a "gussied up" GT500-we'll just show the movie and let them see the REAL Eleanor in action. My '00 is much more original/stock and will stay that way-go figure.

Anyone have a suggestion on a good non-budget breaking unit?