In terms of Intake/Ram Air/ Cold Air, what ISNT a Waste of money for 99+ 2V

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
hey whats up..i want to get a intake for my 02 gt vert..im going to be getting the accufab plenum + tb but wanted to know in terms of cold air..is their *ANY* kit that actually works that can give me 5-6rwhp..*anything* out there?

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
CAI is really about looks. Personally, I like the way the stocker looks :shrug:

Come on KT I know your a Ford homer but the stock plastic intake tube looks like ass....

JLT is the other brand I was thinking of. I have a C&L inlet pipe and upper and like the look but it does heat up more then a plastic or carbon fiber unit.

so is this proven, like dyno proven that their's no rwhp? I hear the JLT works..is this false? their has to be some type of ram air that gets cold air into the intake..my ls1 LOVED ram air, why does the mustang hate it?

Worth it

I have to disagree.
Dont look for huge PEAK gains, but if you want better throttle response and a little seat of the pants power increase...its a good purchase.

There are only a few mods that are going to blow you away with gains. The rest of the "bolt-ons" all work together. Its the sum of the mods you put on your car. 5 mods for 5 horsepower each = 25 horsepower.

If you have a catback and / or midpipe you need to open up the intake side alittle to compliment those mods.

A CAI is great, as long as it's feeding one of these....
compressor_cutaway.jpg

svtpower said:
If you have a catback and / or midpipe you need to open up the intake side alittle to compliment those mods.

I agree 100% its an over looked even bashed part because of it not creating omg power upfront by itsself. (10hp or less are hardly ever felt. (unless you have the assdyno6000 :rlaugh: )) it is how ever a compliment to a mid pipe and catback combination.

its not a race car/ street monster hes trying to breed or build(i think).
JLT, steeda or K&N have very nice aftermarket pieces. :nice:

IMO CAI are overpriced hp. If your going FI then yes they help, otherwise nah. Also in your sig it list the Plenum and TB you already got them on? If you look at the $ to HP. CAI= @200 for maybe 5whp plenum = @200 for maybe 7whp tb = @200 for maybe 5 hp so for a total of $600 bucks you pick up 17whp. You can pick up a nitrous kit for the same price and gee even if you go with small jetting you get 75whp. Now if you have a build direction and that inculdes the CAI, TB,Plenum then go for it.