In your opinion, is this a good deal?

StangGrrLy

Miss StangNet 2003
Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Regina, Saskachewan
I am looking at a 1996 GT, 5-speed, all options except the fancy stereo, 17" split 5 spoke wheels and 170,000-ish kms. It has an aftermarket exhaust (no cats) and a K&N filter, but besides that it seems totally unmolested. Appears to have a fresh paint job, but apparently no accidents have been reported on it. Interior is good, but not perfect. Runs really nice and sounds good, but I have not test driven it yet (might do this tomorrow, so I will update). Has a generic CD player, but not the factory one I don't think, and no subs or aftermarket speakers that I can tell.

The asking price is $9900 which includes a 2 year complete drivetrain warranty from the place that is selling it. This seems a little low to me, but then again I'm no expert on what the prices of later model Mustangs should be. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Be very careful when dealing with any type of car dealer... Although I'm sure you know that already.
The price is about right..... Most GT's around that year with a fair amount of KM's on them average $9000 & Up. Inspect it carefully and take it for a good test drive on both the highway and city street's if possible. Watch The Gauge's (Oil Press. & Temp) carefully and listen to the car (Engine, trans, Suspension, Rear End etc.) and you should get a fairly good idea if the car is worthy or not. It'll probably feel like quite the monster compared to the 2.3L!
Post Pics! (If Possible)

Shon

Thanks for the input guys! It looks like I won't be able to drive it for another few days, but I will post up what it's like when I do. My 4 cylinder is up for sale, if you know of anyone who wants a good project car or winter stang, pass the word around. :D

OK here's a little more info:

It does have the Mach 460 stereo, air and cruise, so I guess it does have all the options. Paint is good, but it has the usual little chips around the wheels and the side scoops. Rims are good but not perfect.

Russell is going to come and drive it for me on Monday, so I will update again.