Inching closer to my 03/04 cobra idea

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys, one step closer to an 03/04 cobra, I decided to call on insurance and it's 261 a month. That's way way more affordable than I thought so now just have to see what payments would be like (which is probably where I'd be disappointd). But muh pops said he'd lend me a helping hand so we'll see what happens. If it does happen, it for damn sure wouldn't be painted black like my 95 is. It would be silver or red, most likely silver. Every time I see one on the road I can't stop looking at its sexy ass. And to me that outweighs doing a stroker in mine. :banana:
Silver10thCobraCoupe.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nik, if you have the money and don't mind commiting yourself to expensive monthly payments, go for it if thats what you want. Hands down a done right 347 will crush most 03 cobra's but I guess its not always about power. I looked into getting one too and after the $6600 insurance quote I said fugg that! Then plus whatever the cars monthly payments are.

I like the idea of getting my hands dirty and working on the car myself.

If you do get one, don't be like the majority of the guys on the net who brag about their 500rwhp cars and then they run 12's @ the track!! I think their awesome cars but too much money for me. You should check out the new ZO6 ;)

Yeah dude I know I could easily make my 95 eat what the cobra would be at first, but the major player here for me is the looks of the 03/04's, and I'd be starting with something with perfect paint. I also am sick and tired of taking care of my black paint. Buuuuut, if this doesn't work out I'll still be reasonably happy doing a stroker in my 95. :nice:

Thanks guys...yeah I'm completely NOT looking at it from a power standpoint, I'd be fast either way. I just love the way the ass end looks on the 03/04's and it would be nice to start with a car nobody's called theirs yet, and has perfect paint from the getgo. If I go this route I'm pretty much set on Silver.

I am in the same boat as you. I have a new '05 on order but I just feel that an 03/04 is a much better platform to make some serious power. The main draw of the Cobra for me is:
1. Stronger, forged, 4v motor
2. Better tranny
3. Already more performance out of the gate and it's still under warranty

I am seriously looking into getting a Cobra instead of the new GT.

you better get a competion orange '04 or i'll kick your ass. or mysticrome works for me too, but come give me a ride when you get it...I would sell my balls to get one of those, it makes me tingle when i see one, and when i hear one i pee my pants. ive still never even drove one, or even been a passanger in one and i dont know why.

Grn92LX said:
Nik, if you have the money and don't mind commiting yourself to expensive monthly payments, go for it if thats what you want. Hands down a done right 347 will crush most 03 cobra's but I guess its not always about power. I looked into getting one too and after the $6600 insurance quote I said fugg that! Then plus whatever the cars monthly payments are.

I like the idea of getting my hands dirty and working on the car myself.

If you do get one, don't be like the majority of the guys on the net who brag about their 500rwhp cars and then they run 12's @ the track!! I think their awesome cars but too much money for me. You should check out the new ZO6 ;)

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Guess our little talk didnt help, huh?
RC

DO it man!!

Sure you can make a 347 94/95 eat a cobra, thats a pretty dumb comment. I could make a honda civic eat a 03 z06 if i wanted to, but do i want to? No of course not.

One other important point is that you can make big power and run good times easily, BUT the drivability is hands down the BEST.. My car has 470rwhp and feels like a STOCK car(not power wise!!), thats something i could never say about my 95, even with just mild bolt ons.

Hopefully you have good credit, or u can get a cosigner, im sure payments wont be too bad at all.

Yeah it will be fully or partially in my dads name, and he has fort knox type credit. Jesse yeah, drivability is a big reason for me, exactly what you said about yours feeling like a stock car even thought it's a powerhouse. I'm not looking for a complete track terror. That, coupled with the 03/04 looks...Are my driving factors. I plan on reusing my black deep dish bullitts for the new one in the event everything goes as planned...They'd look pretty good on a silver 03/04 with smoked tails and dark tint. If I got one I'd probably be able to hang onto my 95 a little longer and then probably sell it off...I feel like I'm cheating on it writing this...poor little car's sitting home in the garage and doesn't suspect a thing. :(

yellow1995Cobra said:
My car has 470rwhp and feels like a STOCK car(not power wise!!), thats something i could never say about my 95, even with just mild bolt ons.

thats a good thing about having a fixed up muscle car, your not going to have big HP and luxury feel...i guess except with an 03 Cobra, but i'd rather go with the 347...