Income tax, stang comes to life!

beaver2489

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
st. joseph missouri
I got my income tax return back and I did some shopping :D . Heres the setup I putting together:

my stock 302 shortblock
351W C90E heads milled to 10:1 comp. rebuilt and ported
B303 cam
Trick Flow street heat intake w/ 1" spacer
24# injectors
mass air conversion with chrome Pro-M 75mm MAF
polished 70mm throttle body and spacer
1.6 roller rockers
tall chrome valve covers
255 fuel pump
aluminum driveshaft
double roller timing chain
hardened push rods
BBK chrome 1 5/8" shortie headers
4.10 gears :flag: :flag: :hail2: I love tax return time lol

I was gonna buy some aluminum heads but a friend of mine had these windsor heads on his 86gt and went high 11's and low 12's in the 1/4. I'm getting these heads, B303 cam, mass air conversion with Pro-M MAF, plus he's helping me install it all in his garage for $700. We're putting it together next week when all the other parts come in the mail. What do you think of this setup? I'll post the results when we get done.

• Sponsors (?)

That ought to run real good. The only suggestion i have is 1.7 rr's (if you haven't already purchased the 1.6rr's) b/c the B cam has 480 lift. That will help you take advantage of the breathing ability of those heads. Do those heads have bigger valves? I also have 351w castings w/ 1.94/1.60's stuffed in and home ported, but i'm working my OT season, and haven't got the pig fired up yet. Let me know how you make out, and how she runs.

i already got the 1.6rr. I rode in my friends 95gt tonight OMG! he put twisted wedge heads, trick flow R intake, kenne belle (I think he said?) custom grind cam, and 1.7rr, 4.56 gear, through 5speed...that bitch pulled hard on the highway! I can't wait till we get this done on my stang...I've been wanting to mod the motor for 2 years.