Independent Rear Suspension project in my 64.5 Mustang

Dazecars

Jun 20, 2005
I have the first DazeCars web page on my Jaguar IRS project done. For those of you that have been fallowing along as I have posted my progress on the project, this web page is just a "why" page. I will not get in to the "how-to" until I get further along. As always I am looking for as much feedback as possible, so let me know what you think, both the good and the bad. Also if you have not seen any of the other 11 tech articles on my web page make sure to check them out on the DazeCars home page.

IRS in a Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

IRS

I plan to follow your build even though I have purchased an IRS unit from a 2003 Cobra to go in my 67. I still like the idea of taking the Jag unit and making it work in a Mustang. I like your write up but with me you are preaching to the choir. I wonder if I can put an IRS in my 2006 GT?

Anyway, I know your drawings illustrating the difference between solid axle and IRS are meant to be overly simplified but the IRS drawing bugs me. It's really showing a swing axle suspension like on a Bug or Ford pickup front end (remember twin I beam?) Even though a swing axle is still IRS it's nowhere near as sophisticated as the Jag unit. Nit-picking, I know, but it can't be too hard to make the tire more vertical and it would show just how neat IRS really is.

Actually I am familiar with Kugal Konponents stuff. There units have become slightly less Jaguar and more there own design based on the Jag units. Another sourse thet specilizes in original Jaguar unit installs is CWI. That is where I bought my rebuild kit and other parts. Thanks for the info