infamous idle problem i need help!!!!

black91'GT

Sep 25, 2004
Orlando, Fl
Ok my mustang fellow mustang enthusiasts here is the problem....
I can start my car cold or hot and it will idle fine for approximately 2-3 minutes then the idle will start to surge gradually getting worse until it stalls. I have not noticed any power loss while driving. I have upgraded to a tubular gt40 intake with a half inch spacer, a 70mm throttle body and spacer with also a matching maf tuned for 19lb. injectors. I replaced all the vacuum lines, gaskets, deleted the egr with a kit that comes with a plug for the harness showing the pluss or minus 5v i think it is. I reset the timing at to 14 degrees which I was told is optimum for an E cam. I raised the idle up from 750 to around 800 a week ago so it is not stalling but is still surging. Even after replacing all vacuum lines and spraying starter fluid around the intake (no idle change) I am hearing a "whistling" sound coming from some where around the intake that I can not pin point. The problem began shortly after I installed the intake and throttle body a couple months ago. So... after many many hours of research and base idle reset so on and so forth I am totally clueless please help.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)