Infamous Ticking Heads..

Redfire03GT

Sep 10, 2003
Newark, CA.
Seems as if I've got this problem.

There's a persistant ticking sound coming out of my passenger side head. It seems to be getting louder and louder over time. Now, is this a known issue with ford and will they warranty it or will I have to jump through hoops to make them even awknowledge the problem?

• Sponsors (?)

There was a small time frame that ford put out some out of spec 2-valve heads. There is a TSB for it but im not sure its 03s or 04's or what model. Check up on the TSB's for your car and see what you can find. I would get it fixed if at all possible very soon.

kirkyg

The 03 Cobra's made that tick as well. My dad's a service manager for Ford, and he says the tick usually is on the Cobra's and a few Mach 1's came in with the same problem. Get it fixed! Get it fixed! Never heard of a 2V doing that though. You've got some strong numbers there, congrats.

mine has been ticking for a year now. car still seems to run good. had it in and ford told me it was not the same ticking described in the tsb, but it was just loud injectors? i hope they are telling the truth. i don't know know, but it sounds like crap ticking like that.

ADRENLN said:
mine has been ticking for a year now. car still seems to run good. had it in and ford told me it was not the same ticking described in the tsb, but it was just loud injectors? i hope they are telling the truth. i don't know know, but it sounds like crap ticking like that.

loud injectors???? Sounds like a load of stealership crap to me. LOL

kirkyg

My dealer gave me the "it's the injectors" story too. I told them I know what an injector sounds like and this is not the problem. So, I told him about the TSB for the ticking heads and asked him if he could check to see if it applied to my car. He said "that's a big step to say you have defective heads".

It really makes me mad. Every night when I get home I can hear the "injectors" :rolleyes:. It bounces off every car, every fence I drive by. Ford seems to think it's "normal".. :bang:

Riley

dude...let me give you a little bit of advice. First be nice and courteous to the dealer. At the first sign of maltreatment you let them know that your not going to leave until this problem is fixed. And if they make it clear they want to play hardball get ford customer service involved.

kirkyg

I've been nothing but courteous to the dealerships. That's what is making me so angry. I show them respect and they don't try to help me in the least. I even called ford and all they are is a ford-branded psychiatrist. You tell them your problems and they say "Yes", "Your absolutely right", and "We'll get this straigtened around". Nothing ever came of the call.

I have never raised my voice or demanded anything while at the dealership. I've been firm on a few occasions (I told them I wasn't picking up my car until the powersteering was fixed). That got me nowhere (the powersteering was quiet for a day, then the whine came back).

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread..

Riley