Infiniti wants to race me...what do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need EFI to run above 7000 rpm reliably but you do need a carb that is setup correctly.
Carbs work best at high RPM (compared to EFI). The a/f mix doesn't tend to separate at high RPMs, plus there's a cooling effect from a carb that gets more a/f mix into the chamber. I must have worded my post poorly if you were responding to me.. :)

Race him for fun. Let him run his mouth. A new $40,000 should out run a 40 year old car. Then remind him that when his car is 5 years old it will only be worth half the original price, and that yours will be worth more than it is today.

Wet blanket comment

You've gotten good advice about tech and your physical safety, but I've got to chime in here. Think at least three more times about racing a teacher at your school. He should not be doing this any more than he should be showing up at your parties. It's a clear sign that he does not have the proper sense of boundaries, and you don't want to deal with a person like that when they have power over you and your friends.

Take three months, do some mods, learn to launch, and smoke him in June after you've graduated.

As much as I hate to admit it. I'm with the shoe on this one......

The track opens in a month and it's 30 min away for you. Go up on a Wed. after school and wipe the floor with him. Besides you'll get better traction at the track anyways.

If you want to I'll meet you there a couple weeks before you race the teacher and teach you how to work the tree.

You've gotten good advice about tech and your physical safety, but I've got to chime in here. Think at least three more times about racing a teacher at your school. He should not be doing this any more than he should be showing up at your parties. It's a clear sign that he does not have the proper sense of boundaries, and you don't want to deal with a person like that when they have power over you and your friends.

Take three months, do some mods, learn to launch, and smoke him in June after you've graduated.
Good point. It would suck to get a crap grade because you beat him in a race.

Well I have an 07 G35 sedan 6 speed manual with intake exhaust....

I have raced an 05-07 Mustang GT with exhaust/intake/tuner and it was a tie- wheel to wheel the entire time...0-100 and then from 20-80

The old G35 coupes had less hp as an automatic- I beleive they were like 280 and were rated at something like 298 as a manual transmission-

Unless you have some gears, and good tires- and some kind of head work Ill put my $$ on the G35-

mild cam, stock heads, some tranny work- with a few bolt ons, your probably somewhere in the high 14s/low 15s-

Too bad your not in So Cal- Id beat him wiht my Stang for you- then race him with my 4 door G35 and whoop him too