Injector size question

tcf26

Dec 4, 2003
Did a search but not finding what I needed. I have a rebuilt 5.0HO with Explorer Upper and Lower intakes and the GT40 heads not the p's, also an e303 cam but no roller rockers. What size injectors should I use with this set-up and stock 89-93 Computer? Will have at least a 65 to 70mm TB and MAF. Newbie here so be gentle!

• Sponsors (?)

The 19's will be fine for what you have now, but if you are going to be buying a new MAF might as well get one calibrated for 24's and move on up to 24lb injectors...

That way you have room to grow :nice:

-Smoke

Go here and scroll down to injector sizing. http://www.pro-flow.com/tech info/sizing.htm You'd probably be ok with the stock 19's; if you're gonna keep modding for even more power (different heads, etc.) you might need 24's at some point, and so putting them in now would keep you from having to replace them later. If it were me, unless I knew for sure more was coming later (soon), I'd stick with 19's.

It is just for general street use not for the track or anything. I have 19's now but wasn't sure if they would need to be replaced. I don't think I will be doing much more to the engine than that, but hey you never know!!