Injectors/ and oil capacity questions

KISSEL

Feb 7, 2003
Illinois
I have a 2001 gt. The owners manual says five qts engine oil. If I fill any more than 5 qts, the car is overfilled and will burn oil.(so I know this to be the correct amount) However, From what I am told, other late model gt's require 6 qts. Is there a different oil pan used on 02 - up gt's?

Second question: I have orange injectors which are rated at 19#'s.
Another person I know has an '04 gt with PINK injectors. He said that they are rated at 21#'s. If he is right, then why the change? Are not the horsepower ratings still the same(260)?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

My '04 calls for 6 quarts. Just add 5, then check the dipstick. If it's still low, keep filling, etc.

Your friend is correct, the pink ones are 21#'s. There's been some discussion about it recently around here, but I haven't heard any definative reason as to why they changed.

sgarlic said:
My '04 calls for 6 quarts. Just add 5, then check the dipstick. If it's still low, keep filling, etc.

Your friend is correct, the pink ones are 21#'s. There's been some discussion about it recently around here, but I haven't heard any definative reason as to why they changed.

yup my 03' requires 6 qts. of oil and mine has pink injectors too so most people say they are 21#'s but :shrug: idk