inlet track tubing

93GTosu

May 5, 2005
intake tubing

well i'm gonna upgrade my TB to 65/70mm and my MAF to a (94/95) 70mm unit w/adapter.

What are you guys using for the inlet tubing? right now i have all the stock tubing and airbox. reading through some threads i think the airbox can stay, but what about the MAF to TB tubing??? isnt it gonna be too small?? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

It will fit. I got mine on by placing the inlet tube in boiling water to soften it. I also put a light film of oil on the maf housing where it would slip on. Then I just pushed the inlet onto the housing.

Some people have cut theres inorder for it to fit, so I bought a second inlet pipe off a member here in case I had to, but ended up not needing it.

Make sure when you install it that the tubing that connects the maf to the airbox is a straight shot. When I first put mine on, because the 94 maf w/ the adapter was so much longer than the 55mm maf, the rubber tube flexed before the maf, obstructing the inlet a tad

No if you use the adaptor for the flange to make it fit in the stock box the tb elbow will be too long. I have a 70mm TB and 70mm MAF out of a lincoln towncar and BKCAULEY cut my stock tube to fit as a ghetto rig at the track lol. It doesn't look bad,, you can't tell b/c of the clamp covering the swiss army knife cuts :D

I'll take a pic.

Well my upper intake is off right now, but you get the point. It had to be cut almost right up to the coils to fit, but its functional, it just looks a little stubby.

Edit: but by reading your first post again it will still squeeze over the larger units. it just has to be shortened.

TBelbow1.jpg

tbelow2.jpg

Mine fit fine without cuting the inlet tube. Just required a little squeezing. But it could also be that my airbox isn't really mounted to the fender like it should be so maybe I got the wiggle room I needed.

Awesome, thanks guys!! and thanks for the pics beast! i really didnt wanna have to buy a cold air kit or anything right now.

I do like the looks of the c&l trueflow pipes though....any opinions on them??? they are a bit pricey though arent they? i was hoping i could search around for a used one.

beast you felt an increase with the maf? i'm hoping i'll feel just a tiny little as the stock maf is probably choking my P heads/intake.