Inner Fender Apron Replacement

• Sponsors (?)

You mean like this?

IMG_4291.JPG

I used the panels from LMR, only I used the smooth ones. It's relatively easy to do, but worlds easier than the Scott Rod panels.
- use a spring loaded center punch to divot the spot welds
- drill through the divot with a 1/16" (I think) bit
- drill out spot welds with a harbor freight spot weld tool

takes a while but goes back together easily. And the best part is there is minimal body work.

Pardon the crappy paint, it's gonna get fixed.
The scott rod piece doesn't curve over the top, so go for the stock looking lmr piece unless you want to hammer the upper horizontal piece flat and then weld in the srf parts. I really like the srf parts and the look of them especially. Depends how much you want to do.

If you are going with the LMR panels, I'd highly suggest getting the smooth panels and cutting the holes you need so the rest still looks clean. It's not difficult work, just take your time making sure everything is fitted correctly and clamped in place before you start welding.

If you are going with the LMR panels, I'd highly suggest getting the smooth panels and cutting the holes you need so the rest still looks clean. It's not difficult work, just take your time making sure everything is fitted correctly and clamped in place before you start welding.
Are there templates on the back?

I'd need a few holes. But I like this idea, just not sure how to cut them