Insane Sale!!! Big Brakes!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a great deal! Better watch out for the haters on here though dude, last week I put a Shelby strut tower brace on my GT (that they only make for GTs no less) and got ridden like the village mule over it. The fact that they come from Baer makes it even better, they make some world class brakes. I'd love to get my hands on that setup down the line.

Yes, I was reading that thread about your strut bar...too funny.

I figure I have Shelby Wheels, may as well have the Shelby Brakes to back them up.

I am going for a Shelby theme on my car, so I wouldn't say I am quite to the poser stage yet. Now if I put a shelby stripe down the side and cobra badges, then they have a right to make fun of me...but as of now..."they" can kiss it.

I'll post pictures when I get them on this spring...still wondering if they come with braided brake lines or not...they better for the price.

Sounds like a great deal! Better watch out for the haters on here though dude, last week I put a Shelby strut tower brace on my GT (that they only make for GTs no less) and got ridden like the village mule over it. The fact that they come from Baer makes it even better, they make some world class brakes. I'd love to get my hands on that setup down the line.

No people jumped on you because you were acting like a tool and being pretty rude to others. What goes around comes around.

Not a bad deal. Still a little pricey IMO. Just goes to show you how much mark-up there is on this stuff if they can knock off a grand and still make money.

Isn't it nuts! I am guessing the economy is pretty crappy for them as well and they are trying to empty their warehouse as much as possible.

If you read carefully, the sale is only on what they have in stock...for example the polished, that is not on sale because when you order that it comes straight from Baer.

So they are just trying to empty their shelves. I hope they keep it up! They have lots of stuff on sale, I am temped to order their coil-over kit.

ALSO...if any of you are bored, go to the brake section and check out their brake duct vent/driving light piece they make for the lower grille area...would that fit in our cars? ( GT ) It appears the fitmint would be upside down as to what we would need...what if we turned it up side down to make it fit?

I think it would look pretty sweet...functional brake cooling AND fog lights down there.

Here is a link

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/5s3z-2k004-fslash-5-gt.htm

If we turned this piece upside down, so the foglights would be on the inside and the brake vent nearest the wheels...would it fit fairly well and look clean?

Just remember, brake ducts are great for the track, but do you really want road debris and rain water being slung onto your brakes if your car is driven on the road often? I've long considered this mod for a few of my cars, but I honestly don't heat my brakes up enough to warrant it.

I hear ya dude, I too feel the need for race car tech while I drive to work... All I know is that I found lots of debris and leaves inside my airbox the other day, and that's above the bumper with a forward facing snorkel. Imagine lowering it down to 8" above the ground, and just think of what it will be tossing onto your brakes. Now, I don't know if they have some kind of screen or design in the tube to prevent this, but I'd think anything to stop debris would stop air to a point, so probably not.

Sigh, of course they also say
"To insure accurate color match, front and rear sets must be ordered together. Shelby cannot guarantee proper match if both front and rear sets are not ordered together."

and of course, the rear brakes aren't on sale. $3,775.00 ouch

I wonder if you could just order these now and replacement caliper covers later to get the color match.

I was looking at that as well. I am guessing that if you held the two seperate orders right next to each other, the colors MAY not be exact...BUT from front of the car to the rear, I bet they will be close enough that you really could NOT tell the difference.

I mean it is Shelby and Baer...how off could the colors possibly get.

You would think they would know what they are doing to atleast get it damn close.

Yes, I was reading that thread about your strut bar...too funny.

I figure I have Shelby Wheels, may as well have the Shelby Brakes to back them up.

I am going for a Shelby theme on my car, so I wouldn't say I am quite to the poser stage yet. Now if I put a shelby stripe down the side and cobra badges, then they have a right to make fun of me...but as of now..."they" can kiss it.

I'll post pictures when I get them on this spring...still wondering if they come with braided brake lines or not...they better for the price.

FYI. People jumped on him because he tore the **** out of some guy for putting GT wheels and tires on a V6 so people were just giving him a taste of his own medicine as they say. Having said that his answers do seem to be correct so you can probably trust what he says.

I do love how everybody is openly admitting that they just straight up picked an irrelevant fight with me just to avenge some misplaced sense of insult because I told a guy that his V6 motor was gonna hold him back in the performance department. SUPER MATURE! I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS ATTACKED right off the bat, both personally and professionally, and then I laid into two particular members, with one receiving the brunt of it after he started insulting everything but the type of underwear I chose to use. I really can't believe people can get it so twisted, but if they actually read the thread from post #1 on, they'd see the real chain of events. I gave Lint a straight answer, he got cocky and sarcastic, I gave it back, and then Makoto went to work on me like a friggin butcher on a dead cow.

regarding the other thread.... (not to highjack this one) yes you did answer my question about putting GT wheels on a v6 and you followed up your answer with a comment about just buying an entire new car instead of new wheels. You lost a lot of credibility with me after that. (and obviously others too)