Install a tach in 1999 Mustang GT

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know everything is hooked up just as the directions say. I called 5 different places including autometer and got 5 different tach sending wires. Not one worked. Bad tach? Bad tach adapter? Does anyone have any suggestions on a tach sending wire? Tried dark blue in the pass. kick panel, tried wht w/blue stripe at the 42pin conn. next to the fender under the hood. Any suggestions? Going Crazy!!!

Thanks for your reply! I have a Dallas Mustang tach adapter. Same instructions as the website you posted.
Still doing the same thing. I have checked, checked, and re-checked the wiring and everything. I put tachs in all kinds of cars. NEVER had this problem. Bad tach? Bad tach adapter? HELP!!!

help me!

hey,

first of all :hail2: to all mustang owners. I plan on getting a mustang soon near the end of this year. but, one of the first things i am planning on doing, is putting a shift light on it. the only problem, I recently found out that ford made it a little harder for me..... :nice: they put a coil-on-plug system in the newer mustangs and that of course means you need a tach adapter. soooo, you don't understand, i think i've been looking online for about the past month for instructions on how to install an autometer adapter on a mustang, and i mean specific for dumb old me. so i saw that you guys had been talking about them on your forums and that you, CCase, had installed one. It would be sooooooooooooooo awesome if you could give/send me instructions (real specific ones) so that a novice installer like me :D could install one!

by the way, the mustang will be a v6 :nonono: 99-03

thanks! :spot: