Roush Installed a set of hood pins (pics)...

Wasn't happy with how the hood was latching. Figured these were a good cheap alternative. I bought 'em from BuyFordRacing.com for about $30. Install went pretty good, I just need to find longer pins.

Some pics...

hoodpin3fr2.jpg

hoodpin2br3.jpg

hoodpin1ur6.jpg

Attachments

• hoodpin3fr2.jpg
    hoodpin3fr2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 90
  • hoodpin2br3.jpg
    hoodpin2br3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 96
  • hoodpin1ur6.jpg
    hoodpin1ur6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

I just bought the same pins fro the same place. Did you get any instructions? Also, do you have any pictures of the underside of your hood that I may be able to take a look at?

Thanks!!

No instructions with the kit. Did a search and used this write-up...Hood Pin Install Write-Up

jeffnoel...thanks! I'll look into that. What I might do is break down and weld the nuts to the radiator core support like the guy did in the link I posted above. That seems to be the fix everyone is using.

No instructions with the kit. Did a search and used this write-up...Hood Pin Install Write-Up

jeffnoel...thanks! I'll look into that. What I might do is break down and weld the nuts to the radiator core support like the guy did in the link I posted above. That seems to be the fix everyone is using.
on my '67 the pins i used came with 4 nuts, two to each pin. You just tighten the top and the bottom. Also I tapped the holes on my car to make it a good fit since they holes were barely too small for the pins.

Fixed the problem...had to swap out the pins with a set of pins I found at a local Autozone. They are about 5/8" longer and work great. Apparently, this is a common problem with the Ford Racing pins (being too short). Hood closes perfectly, sits flush with the fenders, and is very secure! :nice:

I know a lot of people don't like the look of hood pins, but I think it looks pretty good. I did it more for the peace of mind that my hood isn't going to fly off. Saleen's latch assembly is junk.

I had the same problem with my hood on my 02. The fiberglass around the striker plate on the hood started cracking all the way around the plate. It always scared the hell out of me driving because i knew it would give one day and the hood would come up into the windshield. So i did hood pins about 6 months ago too. I was thinking about the ford racing pins you got but heard way too many arseholes that like stealing the pins and you dont notice and the hood comes up on the hwy. So i got hood pins with captive pins so nobody can steal them. The pins that came with mine are plenty long and fit perfect. I dont mind the look of hood pins, i always thought it looked cool on the old school stangs, but the wife hates them on my car. Oh well, at least i dont have to worry about the hood anymore.