My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
pic1082.jpg

pic1081.jpg

pic1078.jpg

View attachment 389898
some little cars on my tv lol

my car felt down on power or seemed to make low numbers, i am running thumper heads, b-cam advanced 4degrees and i had a tmoss lower and my own port matched upper.

i tried out the typhoon and it seemed to make a difference. nothing huge, but u can feel it on the SOTP meter. BUT it did seem to lose a tad low end, the tmoss intake had more torque down low i could definatly tell that after i ran with the typhoon.

• Sponsors (?)

it has the holes for fittings for vacuum. i simply used one of the Ts (pipe fitting with 2 big nipples. i used it for the BB line and the PCV, i get some extra tubing for the PCV line and i had to trim the BB line for a better fit, for the others i bought 2 1/8in. pipe fitting with a vaccum nipple on the end, for the FPR and some other vaccum line. i ditched the canister line up front.

there WERE fitment problems.

the fuel rails were harder to get on, the lower is taller and the injectors have to change angle a bit to fit right. no biggie.

biggest flaw. the distributor would rub on the intake. on the lower corner where the bottom bolt holes the module on. that corner rubbed the intake near the water neck. and on the back. the small lip where the cap sits, it rubbed the lower a tad bit, i trimmed it some. its CLOSE i cant even get the stock black rubber dizzy boot i like to run. these were the only problems i ran into. other wise the holes and stuff was dead on. the upper i have was untouched and i didnt seeing a problem with the ports at all. the opening was 70mm and was round as could be.

all through the inside was uniform and nice ( has the removable plenum cover. its the polished version and i think they use a tumbling machine and it gets all up in there because ever nook and cranny of the upper is polished even the inside. only thing i did was grind down a small hump just inside the TB hole.

the 8 ports on bottom matched the edelbrock gasket i bought perfectly. my lower was port matched and cleaned up a bit matched to a 1250 felpro,

i got it for 200 shipped and i think its a good deal, made a difference i can tell. got to get to the dyno and the track

i put the same upper and lower on my car. but i also changed to 24lb injectors and a 76mm c&l mass air. ive also got a 65mm tb. i noticed a huge difference in power. also the power band is a lot higher. i didnt really lose any low end either. i had the same clearance problem with the dizzy. i also had to grind some metal down to get the bolt on at the front driver side mounting hole where the upper and lower bolt together. other than that smooth sailing.

i used studs on those driver side end bolts u speak of. on the front one i had to use a wrench. couldnt get a socket on it.

i went into it expecting problems and what i posted was all i ran into which isnt bad at all.