Installed E-Brake boot in my Fox!!

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
(okay, its a 5.0, but i thought you guys would like to see) :D

Well, about a week ago i ordered an e-brake boot out of an '01 focus, and gave it a shot to see if it would fit in my fox, sure enough-PERFECT FIT :nice:

DONT ASK WHY MY SEATS LOOK PURPLE/BLUE IN PICS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY :notnice: (they are indeed black)

STEPS:
-Remove top part of center cousole, 4 screws, 2 electrical connections
-Shave off little bumps with razor blade (about 15-20) you'll see what i'm talking about when you get there :rolleyes:
-Put down velcro strips, or whatever you choose
-Install (pretty self explanitory i guess :shrug: )

PICS:
View attachment 511105

UNDERSIDE
View attachment 511107

INSTALLED View attachment 511109
View attachment 511111

QUESTION: How do i remove the top part of the handle on the e-brake (you may have noticed i painted the lower handle, now it doesn't match)

-Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

FYI for everyone, taking that top handle off the e-brake is a BITCH!!!!!!!!!! I have a huge blister on my hand and....well, i dont want to talk about the experience, lol

good news-i painted that handle and now it looks badass, i also painted all the interior screws and some plastic pieces (door sill pieces, speaker grilles, what not)....yes i'm obsessed :)

I have a question, I thought that the 5.0s came with a leather wrapped steering wheel. Was your car a 5.0 to start with? Oh yeah nice job on the brake, I have become obsessed with vinyl in my car, I have done the dash and door pockets.

super302 said:
The only mustangs that came with leather wrapped steering wheels are the 94+ IIRC, my 94 GT had one, but my 90 GT or my current 92 GT don't have one :shrug:

Thats odd my friend Neil's 93 5.0 LX came with one.

461740_7_full.jpg