Installed my Speedhut gauges today, with pics :) For those considering them...

Got around to installing my Speedhut gauges today and I must say, I LOVE them. Fairly simple to install, fairly inexpensive compared to most other gauges, and they look GREAT. Can't beat the customization either.

Without further ado...

Beginning of the install when I put the AC panel in a couple weeks ago, with the standard inverter. Was my first time messing around behind the dash so it got a little messy. Not as bad as it looks. Once I knew what I was doing, reinstalling the upgraded inverter and the cluster took under an hour today.
View attachment 232286

Before, with just the AC panel I had already installed.
View attachment 232287

Done!
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Illuminated with partial sunlight.
IMG_1559.jpg

Where I mounted the upgraded inverter's control switch. Brightness adjustment wheel on the other side.
IMG_1560.jpg

Nighttime obviously. Needles, warning lights, and ODO still controlled via headlight knob. This picture doesn't really do them justice. The lights don't look as flared as they do in the picture, and it's not as noticeable around the needles.
IMG_1567.jpg

AC panel also wired into the same inverter.
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

I highly recommend these. :) Any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. The only complaint I do have is that you can't see redline at night, but I intend to get a small shift light soon anyways.

These come standard with a 6800rpm redline so if you don't want that just shoot them an email and add it to the comments at the end of your order that you want 5800 and they will change it free of charge. Great people to deal with. The cluster and AC panel came to about $130.

They also make EL-Glow, which will show the redline at night since it illuminates the entire dial, not just the text. You will see all of this under the customization previewer on the site.

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Ford-auto_number-31.htm
http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Ford-auto_number-376.htm

I recommend the upgraded inverter as well since it has 4 connectors I ran everything off that one device. I tried this with the standard inverter and they were a little too dim for my preference and I didn't want to use 2 inverters if it wasn't necessary. The upgrade definitely makes them much brighter, and the switch is nicer.

• Sponsors (?)

Good to see you got everything hooked up ok. Looks great! Think I might have to get one of those a/c panels as well, but its gonna have to wait. Saving for the MM starter box.

Yeah thanks again for the write-up man. Really helped out. Piece of cake after looking everything over.

I hear ya on the priorities lol I'd like to find a way to get blue fog light/defrost/trac buttons, and I found some billet/blue AC knobs too for like $30 but I think I'm gonna wait on all that for now. Gotta get these LCAs and LTs on first.

looks sick man

Thanks!

Those are definately some sweet gages and I'm considering a set myself.

Questions:

Was the Ford Racing your own design or theirs. I can't find it on the customizing portion on their web site. Also, was the 'x1000' on the tach text you added or was it standard.

Thanks.

Did you have to pull the needles off?Thinking of getting their Metallic Silver Dial with Black Fonts in El Glo to match my Autometer Ultra Lite silver gauges.

No you don't have to pull the needles off. I posted a few pics from my install on here a year to two ago...easy install and great product for the money.:nice:

Those are definately some sweet gages and I'm considering a set myself.

Questions:

Was the Ford Racing your own design or theirs. I can't find it on the customizing portion on their web site. Also, was the 'x1000' on the tach text you added or was it standard.

Thanks.

It is their design. If you click the link on the page for "standard logos" you will see it. I just emailed them and put it in my comments and they had no problem adding it for the same price as any other logo.

The x1000 was my own text, and it came out alot better than I thought it would.

Damn, a full tank of gas! My GT has never seen the gas gauge @ F!
Haha gotta get it when it's cheap :nice:

Did you have to pull the needles off?Thinking of getting their Metallic Silver Dial with Black Fonts in El Glo to match my Autometer Ultra Lite silver gauges.
The dials slip over the needles VERY carefully. Kind of a pain in the ass, but not as much of a pain in the ass as recalibrating the whole cluster after removing the needles.

After looking back at this thread, that "night" pic looks terrible. Does not do them justice at all. Then again, I don't have the needles at full brightness anymore due to the slight bleeding you can see, and I shifted the speedo/tach portion slightly to cover the minor gaps around the needle base.

These things are a distraction! I find myself staring at them all too often driving down the highway :nono::rlaugh:

Cool stuff!:nice:
Seeing that you are a fellow Canadian!How did you get your speedo in kilometers,went threw their site,and see nothing for the option.

In the FAQ on their web-site ...

What if I want to order Km/h? What if my Speedo looks different?

We do offer Km/h for $10.00 if not offered on the site. To place your Km/h order please state in NOTES that you would like Km/h rather than MPH. A $10.00 charge will be added to your order. *We do require a digital pic of your dash for reference puposes.

If your Speedo or Tach is different, we may still be able to offer your version for your dash. Please email us a pic to see if we can offer your dash version!

:canada:

In the FAQ on their web-site ...

What if I want to order Km/h? What if my Speedo looks different?

We do offer Km/h for $10.00 if not offered on the site. To place your Km/h order please state in NOTES that you would like Km/h rather than MPH. A $10.00 charge will be added to your order. *We do require a digital pic of your dash for reference puposes.

If your Speedo or Tach is different, we may still be able to offer your version for your dash. Please email us a pic to see if we can offer your dash version!

:canada:
Thanks a bunch.:nice:
One more thing,how about the picture thing for reference.No spot for that on the order form.Just send them a seperate email,and hopefully they know it's mine LOL!