installed my x-pipe today!!!!!

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
finally finished installing my Mac x-pipe today. took me about 3 days to do. only worked about an hour a day because i have been working midnights this week without getting any good sleep so i've been pretty tired

my old combo was Mac 1 5/8 unequals, a leaky collector 2 1/4 custom h-pipe, Mac mufflers.

new combo is the same but with a Mac 2 1/2 X-pipe its a 3 piece design. PN X9495. it has the new black coating on it and it looks a lot better the old HTS coating they used to offer. i got it from a mustang shop in canada so i saved on duties, payed one tax, and the shipping was very fast. i wont say the company name just in case its against forum guidelines. if you want to know, send me a pm.

fitment was kind of tight around the tranny crossmember but thanks for the 3 piece design, it wasnt that hard to fix.

i still had the drivers side collector leak a bit so i put some Ultra Copper on it and its holding up so far.

took it for a test drive today and i love the sound. before with the h-pipe it was really loud like almost blarring. i did like it tho. the x-pipe is also loud but sounds a lot more smoother. havent really gone on it yet to hear it scream because i started to hear a rattle that i later found out was the pipe rubbing the crossmember. i'll fix that later on today when i get some more energy to do it.

i cant wait to get someone to drive it so i can hear what it sound like.

heres some pics of it before i installed it and i'll post some later on the car.

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet, I'm interested in a sound clip. With Mac shorties and a Mac aftercat mine sounded like crap with a bassani X, then when I switched to a Bassani straight through aftercat the sound improved a whole lot. The black coating looks cool.