Installed Pro Kit springs on my 88 and the front end still sits high? help

JarvisB

Sep 17, 2010
Hello,

Last weekend, I finished the front end. (swapping 5 lug spindles, front springs, struts, camber plates, and sway bar links)

After I finished the front end, I noticed that my stang is not as low as expected. I know for sure it should be lower than this because I have done my research and almost every foxbody with pro kit on them got like .5 inch of clearance between the tire and fender- that is what I want.

But there are about 1 to 1.5" of space between my front tires and the fender.

I installed the camber plates and now the alignment is completely off, is that why I am seeing this?

On another note, when I installed Maximum Motorsports camber plates, per the instruction, I am supposed to place 3 spacers on top of the plate and 1 spacer under the tower, but the hood would not close if I had 3 spacers on top of the plate. So I moved 2 spacers to under the tower which means there are 3 spacers under the tower and one on top of the plates. I am having a feeling that I have too many spacers under the tower which is causing the front end to sit a bit too high?

Anyone can give me an input on this?

Here is a picture of my front end, crappy pic but thats all I have for now. But you can see the space between the tire and fender.

View attachment 204001

Almost every foxbody with pro kit would look like this:

View attachment 204002

Help would be very much appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

Has the front end been jounced? Was the suspension loaded when the LCA bolts were torqued? Did you install new isolators? Did the other people that installed the PK leave the isolators out?

Those are some variables I can think of. The gap you have is a smidge higher than the gap I have with the PK on my 94 (apples to oranges we know). The drop on that white car looks fabulous.

Actually I tightened the LCA bolts while it was hanging down. I thought it should be okay but I guess it could affect the ride height?

What should I do now? Loosen the bolts and then let the car settle before tightening again?

Also, no new isolator was installed.

Yeah, the height might have been increased due to the LCAs preloading (how much depends upon the type of LCA bushings).

In any case, I would do as you suggested (loosen them, set the car at ride height, and then retighten them).

Made a quick trip to buddys place hoping for a good news.

Unfortunately, didnt get any good results after loosening the arms' bolts they look the same after i loosened up the bolts and then let the car settle. It is still sitting high.

I was there for short time and for some reason I did not check if the Strut boot/bumper is resting against the spacers.

I am trying to figure out why the hell is it sitting high like that still. Am I supposed to loosen the control arm end links too?

When you torque the LCA's, the end links should be ok (to be still in place). You just want the arms in their natural ride-height position.