Installed springs this morning..

MSM0075

May 13, 2003
Central Jersey
I installed new front lower control arms in my car over the weekend and had the springs put in this morning.

took it for a spin down the st to get gas, noticed some odd knocking noises comming form the passengers side, so jump out of the car before it got worse and i look at the passenger side spring and its al twisted, tryed to push down on the car on that side and it wouldnet move! it was rock hard. other side seems to be fine, no noise, spring looks okay. I'm guessing the spring wasen't seated properlly in the lower control arm..

what you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

even if the springs is not seated correctly, the suspension should still give, no?

is anything else binding? sure the shock did not seize?

just my longshots. good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
even if the springs is not seated correctly, the suspension should still give, no?

is anything else binding? sure the shock did not seize?

just my longshots. good luck.

Well I just figued it was the spring beacuse it was all twisted and wasn't sitting properlly. When I got it home I started jacking up the front end, and every turn i gave the jack the passengers side dropped like it was stuck, can't really explain it, but it was like it was stuck and it was releaving tension real rough. that kinda scared me so I put the car back down, pressed on the passengers side of the bumper, and there was springy action...i tested the car out before i went for a ride by shaking it a bunch of times and it was REAL bouncy, so i figured it was okay, but once i took it down the st, it seiged(SP?) up..

not to sound like a dick.....but are you sure you got two springs that are the same.....something sounds fishy...even if they are not seated they will still flex up and down, and it almost seems like you have a spring in there that is way way to long...who knows