Installing a kill switch

• Sponsors (?)

Brake light kill switch? Hell naw. I was just looking to add a little more security to my Stang. There are alot of car thefts in my area, especially in my apartment complex, so I was looking to add an engine kill switch.

I know if you get a dual position chip, they can give you a program that is "blank" and the car won't start. Then you could hide the switch from there. It essentially kills the EEC, car won't start. Check with some chip burners and they should be able to help you. I was going to order one through Fordchip, but I never got my stuff from him when I ordered last August, so I won't order through them again.

problem with doing a switch on the battery is fairly simple. the gauge wire that would be required to run that distance is massive. we're looking at maybe an 0/2 wire. The wire that runs from your battery to starter is very under-rated...thats why they say don't crank your car for over 15 seconds. Finding a switch that will allow that amperage pass thru would be also very hard, and extremly expensive. I agree, go with a fuel switch if you want to do it yourself. You could also try and tap into your starter wire and put a switch on that. It would probably be the easiest.

Thanks everyone for all the information. I just bought the car last week, and was installing a new audio system, when I came across a kill switch that was already in the car.........pretty cool, now I don't even have to wire in a kill switch. I am probably going to move the switch though, it's in a pretty obvious place, right under the steering column.