installing BBK longtubes

90LX5spd

Aug 13, 2005
PA
I've finally decided to go with BBK longtubes on my '90 5spd. Are there any installment issues to watch out for? Will the stock starter still fit? I do have a heat blanket for it. Do the O2 sensor wires fit? Does anything radical need done to get 'em in there, like unbolting the motor? How about the steering shaft? Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

I have BBK 1 5/8" longtubes on my 90 and they are/can be a bit tricky to install but nothing too hard. With mine, I did have to install the drivers side from the bottom and the passenger side from the top. The stock starter will fit fine, just have to take it out first to install then replace when done. THe O2 sensors will need extensions and you can pick those up from Summit or Jegs fairly cheap. The steering shaft is fine, I did not have to remove mine at all. All in all, I've pulled mine and re-installed them about ten times. (New motor, gaskets, ceramic coating, etc.) I would HIGHLY recommend you purchase the ceramic coated ones rather then the chrome ones. Doesnt take long for the chrome to turn many different colors. Good luck...the sound is awesome!