Installing Cobra emblem on a GT...

KingDiamond

Mar 9, 2003
Chicago, IL
I hit a dog a couple months ago and my grill emblem got screwed up. Well someone I know wants to sell me a brand new Cobra emblem for $5. A new pony emblem will cost me $15 - $20 plus shipping. Well money really isn't the issue here, it's whether or not this is morally correct. Do you guys think it's alright to install a Cobra emblem in the grill area? I like how the cobra emblem looks more than the pony emblem, but I don't know if people will call it a fobra. I have 2003 Cobra wheels with the cobra center caps on them also.

• Sponsors (?)

no i hate that... its the worse.. i think most people will agree that its fine if someone copies the body styling... making it a clone and what not... just as long as you leave the emblems alone

If you have the power to back it up then Its not as bad, and as long as you dont try to convince people that its a cobra when they ask if it is or not. If you have the power to keep up w/ or spank a cobra then I think that gives you the right to where its coveted badgeing.

It's your car, do what you want. The only people that will really care are "true" Cobra owners, who want to maintain some illusion of exclusivity. And besides, the grill emblem was never a snake on any stock Cobra, so it cannot be confused as anything other than an aftermarket mod.

Personally, I wouldn't do the grill emblem, but not because I think it's wrong ... I think it looks fugly. Makes the grill area look big and empty. I never did it when I had my Cobras, for exactly that reason... the running pony looks better.

Dave

Running horse has my vote... but I still think I would try to find one at a junk yard... The ONLY nice thing about all the V-6ers running around are for spare parts. LOL

You might try keeping and eye or eBay as well. :shrug:

I like the Cobra grill emblem. I had one on my '97 Cobra and recently added one to my '95 GTS which has the Cobra front cover with foglights, 13" front Cobra brakes, and 94/95 Cobra wheels. But, I still have the 'GT' fender emblems which I will likely swap for the Cobra ones after I swap in the new H/C/I.

Striped5.0 said:
If you have the power to back it up then Its not as bad, and as long as you dont try to convince people that its a cobra when they ask if it is or not. If you have the power to keep up w/ or spank a cobra then I think that gives you the right to where its coveted badgeing.

That's always been my personal opinion.

J

I have all my gt emblems but I do love the look of the cobra in the grill....much much better looking in mho .... If you want to go for it....someday I may even do it...as long as when people as you tell them you drive a Musatng GT....I hate when people put emblems and bumpers and rims and say they own a cobra......if it looks good then in mo it is the same as putting on cobra rims.

331 cobra said:
Pretty soon it will be harder to find a real cobra than a real corvette pace car. And it will be imposible to find an origional GT.

This is stupid. GT owners, be proud.

It's much better than owning a civic.

I dont think its a matter of not wanting people to know u own a GT or wanting to make them think you have a cobra...
TO ME it is the same as changing hoods or bumpers or rims or anything for looks....it just looks better to you!!!, and after all it is your car. The man isnt trying to confuse anyone about what he has he just likes the look of a snake in the grill (thats what I got from his post anyway)...
I wouldnt mind having the snake in my grill (I dont tho)and I have a stalker front bumper and the stock ponys so I dont think any other stanger would have trouble telling which one I am.....either way Ill still smoke em:) (well most of them)

That's right, it's just stupid.

Try to find an origional 65-66 mustang GT. It's not imposible, but you have to research the cars and wade through a bunch of fakes.

The 94-95 GT's might not be rare, but they are about as rare as the 65-66 GT's were back in the day.

So, have pride, you drive a cool car.

I totally understand the stalker bumper, because the stock GT/V6 is pretty weak.