Installing Cobra emblem on a GT...

I admit I have cobra emblems where the 5.0 badges used to be. IMO the snake emblems look better, and besides everyone knows it's a 5.0 anyways. I would never pawn my car off as being a real cobra. From the mods I have done it is actually closer to a cobra R than it is to a GT. When I first got my stang I loved the way it looked stock w/ the 16" pony rims, but after awhile it looked like every other white GT mustang. Now I can't tell you how many people ask me if it is a real cobra. Just the other day some guy in a 96-98 GT asked me if my car was a real cobra. Funny because I don't have all the cobra ground effects or the wing, and white was not offered for 93' cobras. A fellow mustanger should know that. :nonono: I think it's all in good taste on how one decides to personalizes their car. I've seen plenty of V6 stangs trying to pull off the whole Saleen look. Whatever floats your boat!

Besides in the end the VIN# will always tell the truth!

• Sponsors (?)

i like showing off the fact that i have a GT and it will kick most cobras butts. you do what you want, personally i like the running pony better. the one thing i do hate though is when you badge out the car with cobra emblems and then leave the bumper that says GT on. its tacky, looks like your tryin to fake everyone out. IMO.

i think my buddy has one sittin around his house. he took his horse off for a cobra when he got his cobra. i would never ever ever put a cobra emblem on my car. i never understood why people put emblems that dont belong on their car.....dont civics do that to theirs?? get something that is related to your car (5.0 , 302, gt) and keep it at that i think. but then again....its personal preference.

i love the cobra front bumper and i would like to get one one day but a front bumper just means you like to bumper, an emblem usually names what the car is (v6, gt or cobra). just my opinion. lemme know bout that emblem cause ill check with him tomorrow and where in chicago are you?

my take on it is no definitely unless you have some cobra mods to the car....I really can't stand the all show and no go ricer mentality...I still don't think it is the best even if you have the cobra mods...but I would not think it wrong or entirely uncool.

Technically .... no car is "supposed" to have a Cobra in the grill. They all came with the running pony. If you bought a Cobra that had a Cobra in the grille when you bought it .... then the dealer put it in there (which was/is a common thing).

I ran my car so hard that the running pony blacked out. I like it that way. :D