installing F,Injectors,MassAir,Distributor,MSDBox,etc! any tips? things i should know

staticc

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2002
Jupiter, FL
well. i just got in all of my big order
MSD Distributor
MSD Digital 6-plus ignition box
MSD super conductor 8.5mm sparkplug wires
MSD blaster 2 coil
pro-m 75mm mass air w/ cai tuning for 24lb injectors
ford hi-flo 24lb Fuel Injectors
and one gasket for my gt40 upper intake (for the fuel injector install)
(i dont think im forgetting anything).

now... the reason im posting is, im going to most likely do all this in my driveway on my next day off. is there anything i should know that would help me out with the installs? any tips/tricks etc.. any info is appreciated. i know the basics from browsing through the haynes manual :)

ALSO! i read the instructions for my MSD distributor, it says it has a steel gear on it and should ONLY be used with a billet steel camshaft.. and i bought my car with a ford 'b' cam in there. is that cam billet steel? :shrug: should i buy a different gear for the cam?
also it says put this grease stuff it comes with on the gear before the install. blah blah. thanks for helping me out. i wanna make sure i dont forget anything or goof something up :)

thanks
derek

• Sponsors (?)

!

Attachments

• mmmparts001.jpg
    mmmparts001.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 98
Cool, I will be getting my order consisting of MSD Dist., Coil and the Dig. 6-plus also along with some other parts and gauges and new power steering pump on Monday. I wish you the best of luck installing it all and if you or anyone does come up with anything on installing these items please post them. :nice: