Installing guages some questions??

The water temp guage is simple, the oil pressure guage was simple, the fuel pressure guage is a little confusing? Anybody have a how to fuel pressure guage install guide? Also anyone have a how to for a nitros pressure guage install? And finally a A/F guage install guide? I'm pretty sure the nitros guage is much easier than the directions show, but there kind of comfusing. The A/F guage seems pretty straight forward, but I still would like a good write up on them. Also where did everyone route there guage wire's and sending unit lines?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Google Neptune Spacebars fuel pressure gauge install. The guy installed a FP gauge on a 94-95 IIRC. I think you need to get a 1/16 to 1/8 adapter (or adapt further for AN line. IIRC, I have a #6 on mine, for instance). You can get the fittings from AM, Holley and NOS (for a few).

If you happen to have specific questions, that'd help. Otherwise, we can all type for days - much of the info you'd already know.

It sounded like you have the OP gauge covered. If not, Ernan started a really good thread (with part numbers and sizes of brass) if you need it.

Good luck.

Hey hiss more specifically I'm looking to see where everyone ran their lines, I want them to be semi hidden. I know how to put all of them in now, accept for the A/F guage, I havent gotten into it yet. I have all the adapter's, so I believe the fuel guage will be easy now. When I figure all of them out I'll take some pics.

Google Neptune Spacebars fuel pressure gauge install. The guy installed a FP gauge on a 94-95 IIRC. I think you need to get a 1/16 to 1/8 adapter (or adapt further for AN line. IIRC, I have a #6 on mine, for instance). You can get the fittings from AM, Holley and NOS (for a few).

If you happen to have specific questions, that'd help. Otherwise, we can all type for days - much of the info you'd already know.

It sounded like you have the OP gauge covered. If not, Ernan started a really good thread (with part numbers and sizes of brass) if you need it.

Good luck.

There are a couple ways to do a FP gauge. If we knew where yours was to be mounted (I'd assume on the cowl), then that makes it easier. RIO5.0 and 18Mustangs have posted pics of their methods before. The Neptune guy ran his through the hood hinge weatherstripping IIRC.

For the routing of the lines, I cant help. I run my stuff where it works best - I'm not into wire hiding and all that. You could probably run a braided oil line under the plenum and through the firewall ([pretty hidden). Ditto a water temp gauge.

Is your AF gauge a WB? If it's a NB, something like Pins 43 and 44 (double check that - I very well might be thinking of some other car or function in the EEC) are for each bank. If you use a SPDT switch, you can toggle between the banks.

Good luck.

Thanks, I have a 3 guage A pillar pod, and I'm making a mounting plate to go where the stock cd player went for the other two guages. In the A pillar i'm putting the water temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure. The other two will be the A/F and nitros pressure. The A/F is a wideband guage, i'll let you know how that one goes.

One warning on the water temp gauge. If it's mechanical and you're putting it in the stock location on the lower intake, check out your routing carefully. I had to put mine in the bottom pod in order to have enough capillary tube. One pod up (in a triple) and it didnt make it). :doh:

Good luck.

Thanks, I have a 3 guage A pillar pod, and I'm making a mounting plate to go where the stock cd player went for the other two guages. In the A pillar i'm putting the water temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure. The other two will be the A/F and nitros pressure. The A/F is a wideband guage, i'll let you know how that one goes.

If I get around to it this weekend I'll be installing FP and Boost gauges on the pillar pod.:nice: Mine are electric but they still require a sending unit (wires seemed easier to route than tubing).:shrug: For the FP I've removed the schrader valve and threaded in the sending unit. You will need a 1/16 to 1/8 NPT adapter. The boost comes off the discharge side of the S/C with the sending unit being mounted on the fire wall.