installing headers....

JTGrant said:
I had to cut the taps off the o2 sensor extensions because they were for the 99-04 Mustangs(BBK), but everything worked out. I cut the wires off the post cat o2s to install in the bungs on the H-pipe.

Glad you finally got 'em in there!!! I am still running stock mufflers with mine and I don't think I am leaving much on the table at all, yet the sound is pretty good except for that 2,500 rpm resonance.

I had to do the same thing to my O2 sensors, so don't feel bad. Sad thing is, my buddies installed longtubes on a 98 GT last week and they also had to grind those nipples off the SAME O2 extensions that are supposedly for an 86-04 Mustang. Maybe BBK has just made a bad run of connectors?

• Sponsors (?)

watch your headers. i have seen some JBA headers on an 05 that were RUSTY. they say stainless dont rust, but 409 stainless can have some surface rust. it still lasts a very long time, but 409 stainless takes appearance secondary.

You're not talking about these JBA's are you? I WAS going to buy JBA, but after seeing these pics, i'm glad i didn't!:notnice:

23587-what-long-tubes-are-you-going-with-a.jpg

23588-what-long-tubes-are-you-going-with-d.jpg

23589-what-long-tubes-are-you-going-with-s.jpg

23590-what-long-tubes-are-you-going-with-f.jpg

Those seem to be the uncoated longtubes. I have the titanium coating on mine, but I sure hope mine dont turn out like that.

If I'd have seen those pics before I got mine, I DEFINITELY wouldn't have gotten the JBA's.

I thought that they were all 409 steel just some are coated and some are not. I guess those are the uncoated ones. That really sucks, but hey look at our stock manifolds they did the same thing. Those are cast(Stock) not stainless.

Pro Mod aren't you running the stock mufflers? My car sounds good but there is a lot of resonance at 2500 it also sounds like I have glass packs or cherry bombs. How does the stock mufflers sound with this setup? Do you have any sound clips? I don't think that there would be any power loss by putting the stock mufflers back on.

yeah I am running the stock mufflers. I also have the resonance at 2,500. Only does it under load though. If I rev it at a stop, it does not resonate.

If you figure out how to get rid of the resonance, let me know. I don't want to put on a set of louder mufflers, I want to retain the stock ones as long as I can.

I've got some video clips somewhere, I'll see if I can find where they're hosted