installing Lower Spring Problem!!!!

Black 93 Fox

Jun 1, 2003
Vancouver,Washington
Hey guys I am right in the middle of lowering my car and I have run into a problem. I got the rear springs in no problem the problem is the front. I can not figure out how to get the new spring in we cant get it compressed enough with the spring compressor then the spring compressor arms also rub on the a arm.:bang: I have the shock unhooked and also the sway bar can you guys help out at all I am stuck we have been trying to figure it out for 4 hours now.

• Sponsors (?)

Just jack up the side ur doing, put it on a jack stand. Then take ur jack and put under the a-arm. Let is a-arm down slowly so the spring doesnt shoot our or anything. Put the new one in in the correct position...ya know the bottom of the coil in the little spot for it. Then jack the a-arm back up with the jack so it compresses enough to bolt everything back up. I did mine on a lift and used a transmission jack to the support/ compress a-arm if i remember correctly.

I just went through this. With lowering springs, it's a walk in the park. I do as above, but with one added step, bolt the strut up to the strut tower, AND the spindle, then put the spring in, and put the jack at the back of the a arm closest to the inside of the car. Jack it up. spring will compress. The strut will keep it aligned so the a arm can't shoot out, and you can actually move the strut forward/back to align. Cake.

For extra safety measure, I chained and locked the spring to the frame.

Thanks guys here are some pics of it. Took them today I wish the front was alittle lower though the back tire is tucked up alittle more then the front. What do you guys think wheels are next after a couple more suspension stuff. I was thinking about going with 03 Cobra wheels in chrome 17's up front and 18's out what how do you think it will look.

abfa487d.jpg

Attachments

• abfa487d.jpg
    abfa487d.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 97
lol... Thanks for the props. They are the Steeda Super Sport Springs. No rubbing issues at all. Handles ALOT different the car's body doesnt twist as much as it did befor when I got on it. I am overall happy with it I just want the front alittle lower. I am thinking with different struts it will bring it down alittle more I hope anyways. I still have uppers and lowers and shocks to do in the back so I am thinking the back might drop alittle more when I do thoes other mods.

89white50 said:
honestly, looks great man...nice job. are you happy with it? any rubbing problems? what springs are those? im drunk:p

you could get a coil over kit, which lets you adjust ride height. its not that much $. but i have C spring and i know what you mean about the MUCH better handling, though mine are about as stiff as you can get.

when i did the suspension mods in my sig, my front is slammed hard, but my rear end is higher than your front end. i literaly have more fender gap on top of the wheel than on the sides :nonono:

the problem is the steeda lca's... the spring sits level with the stock control arms, but these jack it up about an inch.