Installing Mustang II steering on 65 Mustang

cbotts

May 10, 2004
I was thinking of installing a Mustang II steering rack on my 65 Mustang project. Has anyone done this? Any info on how and problems would be appriciated. Know any place I might get instructions on doing it? Pro's and Con's? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

cbotts said:
I was thinking of installing a Mustang II steering rack on my 65 Mustang project. Has anyone done this? Any info on how and problems would be appriciated. Know any place I might get instructions on doing it? Pro's and Con's? Thanks
I did the swap. Although not having shock towers is very cool and the the car is more structurally sound, and the 67 was rust free and the towers were solid, I wouldn't do it again. I put the 392 Ford Racing crate in it and it mounts the engine a little further forward as well as a little higher. This means radiator and hood clearance issues. I think if I had to do it over, I would have just gone with an aftermarket rack & pinion. This project has put me way behind in finishing the car, just because of all the mods I had to make to accomodate the II front end. Just my opinion.