Installing new TPS, correct way?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a STOCK TB, then bolt it on and then leave it the **** alone!! :)

For people that have F***ed around with their idle speed speed setscrew because they have a hacked up setup, or if they have an aftermarket TB (NOT an FRPP), then that means that they have a NON STANDARD NON CONFORMING setup!
In that case, they must adapt the TPS to their incorrect setup to allow the EEC to work properly.

FYI:
Mustang TPS FAQ

http://*******.com/index.php/topic,1031.0.html
WTF?? What is it with Stangnet and that site?
To find the domain, do a Google search for:
Small Block Ford Tech forums

Also, here's a Google link to find the article by Joel5.0.
http://www.google.com/search?q="Summarized/Corrected+Base+Idle+Reset+Procedure"

FWIW: You can not "adjust" a non-adjustable part. :) That alone should tell you the quality of advice of the people that say to "adjust" the TPS. If they don't know, or can't even use the proper basic terminology, then do you really trust their advice on an electronic control system?

Setting the TPS is a waste of time... as has been stated already.

If you get a code for TPS out of range, then check it... otherwise don't waste your time. The ecu takes care of everything

I was also thinking of using a tinyurl link. But, I'm not sure how long they are valid for. Are the links valid "forever".

Regardless, Joel did a great job!

So, use the tinyurl link for now. Eventually, I'll also put a link to that thread on my page.

BTW: One of the problems with adapting the TPS to read 0.999999v is that many people end up stripping the bolt threads in the TB. Also, sometimes, when people go to elongate the holes, they'll puncture the sealed area.

Be my guest, I use the information and diagrams from Tom at your site as reference material everywhere..........BTW, you may also want to use the table format of the procedure extract, from the Ford TSB that deals with the IAC bypass plate here.... a small "Thank You!" payback, for the great info you have made accessible. :nice: