Installing power steering pump pulley...

• Sponsors (?)

Yes special tool for 94-95 applications ;)

Most Definitely NOT a generic two or three jaw puller can be used to remove
the pulley as a puller of that type will damage the pulley.

There is a front and back so don't put it on backwards :eek:

With the correct tool ... removal and install is a walk in the park :D

Grady

Got it done, the puller I used was made to take off Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc etc. And it worked awesome. But it would not work putting it back on. But the pump came with a bolt, washer, and nut to put it back on with.

EDIT: Now that Im thinking about it, the puller may have worked.

Sometimes the hubs in the pulley do mushroom, which can make it tough to shove the shaft through the hole. :eek:

We're all going to get banned. :(

Ah but Hissin, you forget that a tight fit is desirable and results in much satisfaction. If the fit is too loose, the shaft may slip out of the hole and injury may result.

Banned? Maybe. But what a way to go. :flag:

Here I thought this thread might be full of useful pulley removal/install info... What the hell was I thinking? All yall are talking about is beatin off and shaft lube techniques! The hair on yalls palms must be helpful padding when wrenchin tight on your tool.

Whatever do you mean 95BlueStallion? Everything we've said applies directly to installing a power steering pump pulley. Those words just so happen to have a different meaning in the American culture. ;) I'm sure many people who weren't raised in this country would be wondering what you were talking about. ;)