Installing Seat Covers

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Scrasauge, May 16, 2014.

1. Scrasauge

Scrasauge Member

I'm currently recovering my seats and bought new foam pads from Cj pony parts and was wondering, do I leave that old burlap on the seat frames or do I remove it and put the covers over that with just the new foam pads?

2. 331efiblue66

331efiblue66 Member

Watch their how to on YouTube. I believe you will want to leave the burlap over the springs, or replace it if it is rotten, it keeps the springs from cutting into the foam. I am almost to the same point on my car.

3. TMIproducts

Premium Sponsor

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Hey there - if it came from CJ's it'll be TMI foam & upholstery. With our Foam the burlap is not needed but won't hurt anything. You'll notice when you get our foam out of the box that we've added a heavy duty backing to the foams to keep the framework and springs from puncturing the new foams!

G'luck with the install!

4. Scrasauge

Scrasauge Member

Thanks! Got it all done and seems to fit good and looks pretty good in my opinion for my first time doing it! But my question is why is it that no one makes new foam for the rear seats? image.jpg