Installing Springs

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by S/CBlack95GT, Jan 4, 2004.

1. S/CBlack95GT

S/CBlack95GT New Member

I just got my rear FMS springs installed. They only took about 30 minutes. I am going to install the fronts tomorrow. Does anyone have some helpful hints? Thanks.
  2. RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Mustang Master

Fronts aren't all that bad if you not replacing struts....

Disconnect your ABS wires...so you don't stretch em when you disconnect the strut bolts...

Get the mother right up there....you need to really push that A arm down to get the spring out....more height the better here.. i always have to kinda weasel mine out...

Have a goodsize bar to weasel the mother out...a little persuader, so to say, while your pushing the A arm down.

Watch that you oreintate the "pigtail" is the A arm...it kinda falls into a "tab/groove" so to say...have that positioned correctly...once there in, they don't turn all that easy...especially if you put in new isolators...

Good Luck....There not all that bad to do....
  3. S/CBlack95GT

S/CBlack95GT New Member

Did you have to disconnect the tie-rod ends in order to drop the A-arm far enough?
  4. RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Mustang Master

Now that you mention it, yes I did or do...Some dont tho??? I think i undo my stabilizer to...Did you get shorter endlinks for that??? or the offsets?? I didn't do the offsets and had bigtime bumpsteer afterwards...Its weird, some do , some dont...I got the FMS alum rack set and it cured it....

On the tie rod....just support where it connects with your jack...One good smack with a hammer and she's out....Mine were tit and popped like nothing...
  5. S/CBlack95GT

S/CBlack95GT New Member

I have a puller for the tierods ends, so I will probably just pop them out so I have the extra clearance. I didnt get the offset rack bushings. Im only dropping the front 1 1/8" so I may not need them. If it is a problem I can install them later I guess.