Installing Steeda Triax ?s

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure what brand we used but my friend and I used a High temp. silicone sealant. It was a tranparent blue color. Haven't had any problems with it.

good luck :nice:

i just installed mine 15 minutes ago and used a black RTV gasket maker i bought at auto zone for 3.99 for a tube. drove it for quite a while and works fine so far.

btw this thing is amazing. doesnt feel any more uncomfortable than stock and wow its precise and great feel. im probably gonna lower the handle to the lowest slot someday.

04DarkShadowGT said:
i just installed mine 15 minutes ago and used a black RTV gasket maker i bought at auto zone for 3.99 for a tube. drove it for quite a while and works fine so far.

btw this thing is amazing. doesnt feel any more uncomfortable than stock and wow its precise and great feel. im probably gonna lower the handle to the lowest slot someday.

Drive with it on the highest detting for a while to get used to it. Then after a few months put the handle on the lowest setting and it will feel like you bought a new shifter. I just moved mine down last week, I had it on the highest setting for 2 months before that.

AdRock said:
Drive with it on the highest detting for a while to get used to it. Then after a few months put the handle on the lowest setting and it will feel like you bought a new shifter. I just moved mine down last week, I had it on the highest setting for 2 months before that.

I installed it with the lowest setting, it's a great feel, nice and tight. My only rant is all the added noise in the cockpit.