Installing Steeda Underdrive Pulleys for Beginners

Thanks for taking the time to document your installation. I'm sure others will appreciate it.

Let's get this added to the important tech threads sticky (assuming the pictures aren't on a tempoary host.) If how to change a damn light bulb made a sticky, surely this can be thrown in to an already existant one.

Red2000GT: Why were you focused on the females butt in the pictures? She was obviously being shown placing a jackstand properly, and locating the cooling fan bolts. Seems pretty obvious to me. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

LOL! Well,it's funny that you think i was offended by the pics,but that wasn't the case. I merely pointed out that trying to pass off a woman,who is clearly your gf,as a mechanic,IN THE TECH FORUM maybe wasn't the best idea. If you had posted this in any talk forum i would have read your "joking" intent as such. Thanks for the write up,anyways.
Ma'am, here in the US women are allowed to be mechanics. We even have them fighting in wars, flying airplanes, shooting guns, driving trucks, etc. As a matter of fact, the girl in the photos drives a Chevy truck and carries a concealed handgun. She can put 50 rounds in a hole about the size of a cigarette pack at seven yards. I wouldn't be so quick to assume she's in the photos as a joke. She said she really enjoys working on cars. She even does her own oil changes. You might ask your husband/boyfriend if you could work on his car.

That install took 4 hours? Looks like a 1 hour job to me.
I did pulley swap in 20 minutes flat... 4hrs is hilarious! :nice:
It's good to know you work so much faster. I can't post pics of the other stuff we did. ;)

So true:nice:

I love it, nice write up! How is the SOTP feel?
The car feels more peppy. I'm thinking half of that is in my head though. To me, the fun of a mod starts from the time I do research on it, shop for it and install it.

I'd recommend heating the crank pulley in the oven or in a pot of water so it expands and it's easier to put on. And i didnt need to move the upper radiator hose to get to the pulley. I did it in about 1 1/2 hours learning as i went - make sure you put a bolt in the middle of crank pulley to push off of in oder to get it off, cuz if the puller has a large sized arm it'll mess up your threads like it did mine. I had to re-do the threads w/ a kit.

wow, so your mechanic is your girlfriend? i must say that makes you a badass sir!

thing is im not kidding, i really wish my girlfriend would do half the things yours does...

Cool pics but I doubt she works on cars much with those nails.. plus her hands are not at all dirty in any of those pics..

How did she manage to do the work and not get a spec of grease on her hands...

The point I doesn't understand, is why didn't you do it yourself????Was it just for the pics or because you doesn't like mechanic????? I think that doing it is more than half of the fun!!!!!! BTW if it's your gf why is she dressed?????? (<-- Now that was a joke!!!!)

Cool pics but I doubt she works on cars much with those nails.. plus her hands are not at all dirty in any of those pics..

How did she manage to do the work and not get a spec of grease on her hands...
The pulley swap isn't a messy job. She had gloves on for the sealant stuff.

The point I doesn't understand, is why didn't you do it yourself????Was it just for the pics or because you doesn't like mechanic????? I think that doing it is more than half of the fun!!!!!! BTW if it's your gf why is she dressed?????? (<-- Now that was a joke!!!!)
I agree. Doing the mod is half the fun. I would've done it myself but I know you heterosexual guys don't care to see me in the pics. I figured you would rather see her. Am I right? And as much fun it would be to install the pulleys myself, it is way more fun to watch a girl turn wrenches. Even more so when she enjoys it. Even more so when... umm.... As I stated earlier, some of the pics I can't post. ;)

The pulley swap isn't a messy job. She had gloves on for the sealant stuff.

I agree. Doing the mod is half the fun. I would've done it myself but I know you heterosexual guys don't care to see me in the pics. I figured you would rather see her. Am I right? And as much fun it would be to install the pulleys myself, it is way more fun to watch a girl turn wrenches. Even more so when she enjoys it. Even more so when... umm.... As I stated earlier, some of the pics I can't post. ;)

Yeah your engine is a lot cleaner then most of the cars I work on..

BTW whats in these pics you can't post :p they can be donated to the site staff.. :lol: