Insurance

skywalker

Dec 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
It's that classic problem, not quite 25 (less than 6 months to go...) so most classic car places won't insure me. Hagerty won't insure me for 3 years because my last car was stolen (because, that was my fault after all...) Allstate wants an arm AND a leg AND a testicle ($527 every 6 months, despite a clean driving record, good student discount, defensive driving discount and only one claim....the theft) Geico (who undercut Allstate for my '01 by 50%) won't give me full-coverage but only want's $25 every 6 months for liability only. USAA want's as much as Allstate. And none ofthese places will give me agreed upon value.

Can someone recommend someone who will insure me at a reasonable rate?

Oh yeah, this part I love: when I turn 25, Allstate is going to RAISE my rate. Why? Because I lose my good student discount, and the amount that my premium goes down with them at age 25 is less than the discount!

• Sponsors (?)

im not sure about the under 25 part, but check with grundy...im going to insure my 65 with them when the liability runs out next month, and they seem pretty good to deal with. my 65, agreed value 30,000, will cost me right around 300 per year. im 50 years old, with 1 claim 8 years ago, and a so so driving record (read: heavy right foot!)

Try Anpac.com

Its what I have on the boat, car, home, horses everything thru. Great company to deal with and awesome pricing.

Plus if you stay claim free 3 yrs the 4th you get 25% back on the first yrs premiums. and every yr that follows.

:)