Intake And Throttle Body Modifications

• Sponsors (?)

Are you running a stock 55mm maf? If so, thats your first bottle neck to eliminate. Before changing my stock maf, my engine would fall flat at about 5k rpm. After swapping in a 70mm maf from a 94 Merc Marquis it pulled good up to 6k rpm.

Details on the rest of your intake/engine/exhaust combo please. All swapping out to a Trick Flow intake and 70mm throttle body will likely accomplish on an otherwise stock engine is a weight reduction in your wallet.

Details on the rest of your intake/engine/exhaust combo please. All swapping out to a Trick Flow intake and 70mm throttle body will likely accomplish on an otherwise stock engine is a weight reduction in your wallet.

I have a BBK cold air intake, mostly stock motor (headers, exhaust, underdrive pulleys). When I bought my car I also got a brand new trickflow set up to include upper and lower intake, 70mm TB and MAF and 30 lb injectors. As you mentioned, I am suspect whether this is really worth the effort based on possible gains. I have stock heads which I know is a big limiter as well.

Honestly, I was going to throw in a 65mm TB/spacer only from the standpoint my throttle shaft has a vacuum leak and my motor is mostly stock. More HP is great, but I'd settle right now for the car to run better. New baby on the way is going to limit my tinker time for a little while.

honestly unless you plan on getting a matching set of heads for that intake sometime soon I would just sell it and put that money towards baby stuff or save it for something fun after the infant bleeds your bank account. been there done that.

I have a BBK cold air intake, mostly stock motor (headers, exhaust, underdrive pulleys). When I bought my car I also got a brand new trickflow set up to include upper and lower intake, 70mm TB and MAF and 30 lb injectors. As you mentioned, I am suspect whether this is really worth the effort based on possible gains. I have stock heads which I know is a big limiter as well.

Honestly, I was going to throw in a 65mm TB/spacer only from the standpoint my throttle shaft has a vacuum leak and my motor is mostly stock. More HP is great, but I'd settle right now for the car to run better. New baby on the way is going to limit my tinker time for a little while.

Regardless of whether or not you install this Trick Flow upper and lower intake you will not need those 30# injectors. You could use them if you had TF aluminum heads and an aftermarket cam. Is the MAF calibrated for those 30# injectors? Since you don't need to injectors you could PM a price, I'm in the market for some.

Reactions: 1 user