intake crack.... but not in usual spot!

well my 99 intake finally cracked at 143,000..... but it cracked right in front of the bolt closest to the firewall on the drivers side. i did a search and seen A LOT of them crack around the therm. heres my question.... is my crack normal and if i buy a replacement one is it goin to do the same thing? because all the re designed ones i see show the aluminum crossover but i don't see no guarantee that its not goin to crack where it did on mine again. i dont have the cash to shell out for the TFS or PP but i did find this one..

99 00 01 02 03 04 05 Ford Mustang Intake Manifold 4.6L: 1380005-Mustang-PI Auto Parts Direct To You | AutoPartsDirectToYou.com

any input on this subject is welcome Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Save up you money and buy a Typhoon manifold or a completely metal one of some kind. Yea, that was fords major blunder in the plastic ones. The Temp sensors on the 2000 gt's are assembled in a two part stage which makes it a bit of a p.i.t.a. to get out especially if it gets rusted from coolant. Yea just save about 200 dollars more for one that you will more than likely not have to change again.

The item you found from AutoPartsDirect is the same Dorman product I have had for 3 years now (except mine is nPI).

Many areas of the plastic portion of the intake have been thickened in addition to the alum. X-over and with the gasket seals integrated into the assembly, it's install is very easy as well. Took me about 3 hours.

This intake flow #'s are a touch better than the OEM too.

My .02

GT