intake for a 306?

89lxvert34

Dec 10, 2003
chicago
Hey guys ,well iplan to pull my 302 get it bored 0.030 over to a 306, get all new forged internals..But i'm debating on what intake i should get,Either gt-40, edelbrock performer or the trickflow street heat,Also i plan to run a 150 shot of juice in the future.What heads do u think would be good for my setup. thanx :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

ive got a buddy that runs a 306 with the holley systemax kit. he said hes kinda pissed that its a 306 though, he bought it like that, because when he put the systemax kit on he wasnt making the kind of power he should be because of the loss of compression. but i dont know the specifics behind something like that.

one more thing....i was thinking about getting my bottom end redone, 190k right now, but the guys i work with told me not to worry about it because its fine. the car runs great and really strong, but i just dont have the money to buy a new motor if this ones blows up. but one of them has an 89 saleen with the stock block and like 125k and a s-trim, car kicks ass, so i guess if he hasnt had any problems with his block im pretty sure i wont. oh well, let me know what you think

What heads and cam will you be using? Primarily a street car? If it will bea basically stock rebuild, id saty with the cobra/gt 40 series. But if you have plans for something bigger down the line, you cant go wrong with the edelbrock or street heat