Intake for twisted wedge heads?

frcefedlx

Dec 6, 2004
I had the whole tfs kit and when I bought my Cobra figured I would keep the Cobra intake and use it with the kit. Sold the tfs intake and since have heard the Cobra lower will not fit up very well with the Twisted wedge heads. The intake needs to be spaced up a half inch and so on. What intake other than the TFS ones will match up well with these heads?

• Sponsors (?)

The Cobra should fit fine with the TFS heads with no additional spacing. You may want to gasket match the lower, but it's not necessary. The TW heads were designed to be a direct bolt-on part with no special intake required.

I did run a Cobra intake with my TFS heads, but the port sizes are VERY different! The Cobra casting will barely cover the TFS ports. I was having problems keeping my intake gaskets from ripping and tearing. I switched to a TFS intake and have been extremely satisfied.

The different port sizes are why I said this in my original response:
StangGT1995 said:
You may want to gasket match the lower, but it's not necessary

The port sizes should have nothing to do with gaskets tearing though. That's something more commonly associated with the lower intake going on crooked and moving the intake gasket.