Intake gasket help

ohioman911

Nov 16, 2003
Florida
Can anyone give me a part number for the gasket that goes between the plenum and the intake manifold on an 02 GT? I'm trying to find one locally and the Ford dealers haven't been much help. If you happen to have the throttle body gasket number too, that'd be great!

Thanks!
HRDLEY
02 Mineral Grey GT

• Sponsors (?)

There is no gasket, per se, between the plenum (elbow) and manifold. There is a seal that's reusable. The TB gasket is also reusable, but it's the typical paper type.
Welcome to StangNet!!! Where is FL are ya?

Yeah, there is no gasket between the two. Only that little rubber like seal that is reusable and it fits nice and snug in that little groove where the plenum bolts down at. The stock throttle body gasket is reusable as well. Why do you need(or think you need) new gaskets ?

Plenum gasket help

Hey thanks for the quick replies. I'm going to replace the stock TB and Plenum with a polished and ported one, so I figured I ought to put new gaskets in. I've got a new TB and EGR gasket, but no plenum on hand.

BTW, I'm in the Orlando area...

Thanks again,
HRDLEY

What kind of throttle body are you going to invest in ? Another stock one, or an upgrade, like a 70mm or 75mm throttle body ? If so, they come with a new gasket anyways. At least they usually do. As for the plenum, you don't need to worry about a new gasket. If the stock gaskets slips out(usually it won't), but on the odd chance it does, just slip it back in.

In other words, treat the lower intake/upper intake seal like you do your girl. If it slips out, just slip it back in. :D :lol:

Ahhhh, I crack myself up. I think I need some sleep.