Intake Manifold Gaskets, and intake vacuum leaks

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
I have only had my intake on my car for four days, and the instructions a friend gave me on the torque sequence for the intake were wrong, so what are the problems torqing the intake down wrong would cause. I assume it would create vacuum leaks, and other probs, is there an easy way to check for this kind of a problem. Also does anyone know for absolute certain if the injectors off of any 4.6 can be used as long as they are the same 19# rating. Also can the gaskets on the intake be used again as long as they are not hurt.

thanks, any and all help will be appreciated,

jason(aka-mytight95)

• Sponsors (?)

the only thing i can think of by messing up the sequence and torque would be you might have a coolant leak. Its no big deal, if you want just loosen them all back up and retighten them.

I guess if you tighten some of them too tight it could cause something to warp...

Hell i haven't used a torque wrench on my intake and i have had it off and on a couple times now... Just tighten from the middle out and start back in the middle again and if there loose go through them again...