intake manifold questions

• Sponsors (?)

The regular Edelbrock Performer works great on stock or mildly upgraded heads and it fits like a glove. I love mine. Gained 15rwhp/7rwtq over the stock intake and torque was increased across the whole rpm range.

Ditto. What im really interested in seeing is Brothers performance has a package on there magazines which they claim 30 something HP, changing only the: intake manifold (original performer), tb, and the pushrod lifters. \

BTW, I got my car running again, waiting until next week to get a temp registration, and fully testing the transgo shift kit with the 3k torque converter.

Couple thoughts about upgrading the OEM intake

Porting an OEM intake

You buy it used, Pay for to and from shipping, Pay for porting labor

Why not just go for an aftermarket intake for less trouble :scratch:

Edel intake and the bolt in the upper

I don't have to deal with that on my RPM :shrug:

Fox tb conversion

Forced Apps ... Yes ... A gain which has been documented on the pa forums

Typical NA Street Car Apps ... Power Gains :banana:

NOT ... Throttle Response ... OR ... How It Looks :nono:

I've yet to see ... ANY ... REAL HARD DATA on this mod ;)

Grady

Grady, we are talkin about oem street replacement manifolds. The performer would fall into that category, not really the RPM. And yes, the Performer has the retarted nut inside that you have to take the cover off and have like 3* of wrench clearance per turn, it sucks!

That problem aside, the performer outflows ALL other street intakes out there, end of story. And they are super cheap if you buy them used, I had one and loved it. And I recommend it to everyone. And when polished they looks sick!

No, the TFS STREET HEAT does not outflow the Eddy Perf. I've seen many a intake shootout and the Edelbrock performer always comes out on top among entry lvl street intakes. The street heat only tested slightly better than the stocker and the stocker edged it out way up the power band!

Now the Track Heat is a good piece, it flows tons better than the street heat. But I guess it would be in the same bracket as the systemax 2 and Eddy RPM.

You should not throw all those different length intakes in the same camp

I did not pick up on the fact we were only looking at intakes
with the longest runner uppers :shrug:

As always ... application dictates need :)

What you see here a lot is some guy comes on the site without any
idea of what is possible ... therefore ... it can be difficult to help him
pick a combo part that would fit in with best with other parts he already
has or will need in the future

The length of runner on the upper intake is a good example of that ;)

A few bolt-ons and an intake ... Yes ... Longest runner upper is good

Nice flowing aftermarket heads and all the rest ... No :nono:

Well at least I SAY ... NO ... To the long runner upper
cause
It peters out too early in the power band :Word:

Also ... My focus here would be more on NA combo not forced

Grady

No, the TFS STREET HEAT does not outflow the Eddy Perf. I've seen many a intake shootout and the Edelbrock performer always comes out on top among entry lvl street intakes. The street heat only tested slightly better than the stocker and the stocker edged it out way up the power band!

Now the Track Heat is a good piece, it flows tons better than the street heat. But I guess it would be in the same bracket as the systemax 2 and Eddy RPM.

Yeah, I kind of lump all those intakes into one pile. Pick an intake that flows what you need for your heads. I was saying that a Track Heat outflows a Eddy Performer, and probably an RPM. I'm not bashing it though. It's just not for me. I guess some people don't consider a Track Heat a street manifold, and I don't see why.

Kurt

Yes the RPM II is bigger. And a hell of a lot more expensive new. Although.... "good" depends on the combo. :p

Right now i have fully ported GT-40 aluminum heads. Well they are at the shop now, and before anyone asks why i put money into them, well the work was done for free.

I do have a F-303 cam but its still in the box and i have been thinking of taking it back and just get a custom cam.

Oh an its a 331 stroker.

paid 350 for the intake used. I can't say its mine, the sale is pending waiting for him to get the money through paypal. It needs to hurry up so i can get it to the shop to get ported.

Right now i have fully ported GT-40 aluminum heads. Well they are at the shop now, and before anyone asks why i put money into them, well the work was done for free.

I do have a F-303 cam but its still in the box and i have been thinking of taking it back and just get a custom cam.

Oh an its a 331 stroker.

paid 350 for the intake used. I can't say its mine, the sale is pending waiting for him to get the money through paypal. It needs to hurry up so i can get it to the shop to get ported.

You're gonna port the RPM II also? I wouldnt think it would need it.

Im an advocate of custom cams....if you got the money. Its nice to be able to pick the professionals brains who eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff. I paid Ed for my initial cam years ago....then paid him again when i traded in my old cam for a new grind. And he's always just an email away for "what if" or "how would" questions.

You're gonna port the RPM II also? I wouldnt think it would need it.

Im an advocate of custom cams....if you got the money. Its nice to be able to pick the professionals brains who eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff. I paid Ed for my initial cam years ago....then paid him again when i traded in my old cam for a new grind. And he's always just an email away for "what if" or "how would" questions.

I don't know really any good places for a custom cam so thats why i am going back an forth on the issues.

Jay- Camshaft Innovations - Home

Ed- http://www.flowtechinduction.com/

You fill out their cam info sheet. Pretty much all the specs they want to know about the car. Be sure on stuff like "Gear ratio", if you still have the stock gears, put "open". Be as detailed as you want about where you are trying to go with your car and that you are open to recommendations. The biggest thing i think is what you will do with the car....daily driver, weekend warrior, track queen....that lets them know how wild to go.