Intake Oil Leak With Boost

I'm just asking because the filler neck tube is not a source to vent pressure, it's a source of fresh air to the crankcase. Seems like that guy wouldn't have a fresh air source because he is using check valves. Ya know what I'm saying?

Now I see what you're saying.

In his case it doesn't apply though. His OEM PCV system was still intact, right on down to the tube between the oil filler and throttle body. The REASON he installed the one way breathers in the valve covers was so that oil/air DOESN'T get pushed back through that tube (or the PCV) and can instead exit out of the one-way breather.

At ilde and part power, the PCV acts like it always did. Pulls metered air through the filler nick. In boost, the crank case gasses have a path to the outside. Two comparitively LARGE ports to exit from. Made total sense to me since these things allow for a lot of air volume to exit and keeps the velocity (therefore oil) down to a minimum.

• Sponsors (?)

I gotcha. I think the crankcase evacuation should be either a PCV system like your modified OEM configuration or a standalone breather system with the PCV eliminated, not a mix of both. Breathers mixed with PCV is an option to avoid if you ask me. I don't think it provides the optimal way to keep the crankcase air fresh and eliminate vapors.

It's like the confused, red-headed stepchild of crankcase evacuation.

I gotcha. I think the crankcase evacuation should be either a PCV system like your modified OEM configuration or a standalone breather system with the PCV eliminated, not a mix of both. Breathers mixed with PCV is an option to avoid if you ask me. I don't think it provides the optimal way to keep the crankcase air fresh and eliminate vapors.

It's like the confused, red-headed stepchild of crankcase evacuation.

Agreed... I like the solution that I have installed currently. I tried to stay away from venting the valve covers (one way valve or not). In all, I think the PCV system as it sits now (the one I installed) is capable of a lot more volume then I'll ever need (unless I switch to Turbo or something and make 700+ HP).