Intake Question, 347?????

Okay guys, I am getting a 347 built for my 65 fastback. It will be a roller motor. I am using a lot of my parts I have left over from my 91 5.0..... I have a X camshaft and GT40X heads. Now for the big question. I scored a Edelbrock Victor Jr intake but some people are telling me this is too much intake for the street. Will a Performer RPM work better on the street???? :D

• Sponsors (?)

Use the Vic Jr. I'm running one on a 5.0 in a heavy ass 89 ext cab Ranger with Canfield heads, a B303 cam, 4 speed and 3.73's, It may be a little short on bottom end but not so much that you can't live with it. With a milled choke 650 DP Holley, it'll still break the 275/60's loose just by nailin the gas at low speeds.

gp001 said:
You guys really think the vic jr will "work better on the street???? "
I'm not saying that it will work better, only that since he's already got it, he may as well use it. Mine works fine even though I've only got 307 cubes and a heavy vehicle. Even though a Performer RPM might be a better choice, I still prefer the Vic Jr. I was going to use the Ford A321 I had on the truck before, but after milling my heads, it didn't fit as well as the Vic Jr did. Therefore I milled the Vic to fit and left the A321 for another motor as is. Using the Vic with a 347 will negate some of the loss of bottom end that single planes are known for.

A 347 and a Vic Jr. work great on the street :banana:

Sure I have 4.11s, but I really want to switch to something more conservative like 3.73s or 3.50s. There's so much torque that I can't even conceive a dual plane intake designed for 302 cubic inches feeding my stroker.

So...when should someone use a ViC Jr over an RPM intake?

Im building a lightweight(rods and pistons) 331 with ported TW heads. SHould make over 400 ftlbs of torque and 400hp to the wheels. 3.50 gears...car weighs about 2700 lbs. 3300 RPM stall. Driven on the street as a weekend warrior.

Vic Jr or RPM?? Or something else?

allcarfan said:
So...when should someone use a ViC Jr over an RPM intake?

Im building a lightweight(rods and pistons) 331 with ported TW heads. SHould make over 400 ftlbs of torque and 400hp to the wheels. 3.50 gears...car weighs about 2700 lbs. 3300 RPM stall. Driven on the street as a weekend warrior.

Vic Jr or RPM?? Or something else?
Well it sounds like you're building it for all out, foot on the floor fun, so go with the Vic. Jr. If you were building a stock headed milder motor, then a Performer RPM ( not my personal choice)would be called for. Personally, I prefer the Ford A321/ Edelbrock F4B/C90X/Cobra high rise dual plane over a Performer RPM for warmed up motors.

Eh, just a little thing to cruise aroudn in with some umph. I figured with 3.50 gears and a c4 with a 3300 stall, I would be in my powerband a good bit of the time. I will have to look into the vic jr intake. I just thought that would have been 'too much' - I guess I was wrong.